My shaykh said:
- Do not turn Ramadan into a festival of foods
- Do not turn Ramadan into a month for sleeping during daytimes
- Do not turn Ramadan into a month of useless chats, after a few rakaats of Tarawih
- After going home from Tarawih, straight away you go to bed, not bothering about waking up for Qiyam al-Layl
- Ramadan is a month to refresh the mind, heart and soul about the feeling of being with Allah.
- Ramadan is a month to fill the soul with the feeling of ubudiyyah, feeling weak and tiny in front of Allah, the Most Powerful.
- Ramadan comes to wake up the heart that’s dead all this while.